Among Upshur County’s rich history, six sites are listed on the National Register of Historic Places:
- Agnes Howard Hall on the campus of WV Wesleyan College.
- Downtown Buckhannon Historic District, which includes Main Street and surrounding streets.
- Fidler’s Mill, located in southern Upshur County.
- French Creek Presbyterian Church, located in southern Upshur County.
- Post William Mansion, located on Island Avenue and displayed in the photograph above.
- Southern Methodist Church Building, also known as the History Center Museum, where each summer features a new Museum exhibit.