Date(s) - Saturday, September 19, 2020
7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Categories No Categories
We are pleased to bring you: THE FIGHT, 2020, USA, 96 min, PG-13. Check out the trailer here: https://youtu.be/eK8Pj4kN0YQ
Only days after the 2017 inauguration of Donald Trump, furious Americans gathered at airports across the country in protest of the Muslim ban. But it was the efforts of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), waging the fight in federal court, that turned the tide, staying the executive order on grounds of unconstitutionality. The ACLU has never granted access to its offices, even as its battles—on the fronts of abortion rights, immigration rights, LGBT rights and voting rights—have become more timely and momentous than ever.
With THE FIGHT, access has finally been granted to the filmmaking team of Eli B. Despres, Josh Kriegman and Elyse Steinberg, makers of 2016’s award-winning WEINER. Rousing, inspiring and slyly humorous, their latest documentary follows four seismically important cases and a handful of magnetic attorneys. These lawyers may not know how to charge a cell phone or operate a stand-up desk but have persuaded Supreme Court Justices, beating back serious encroachments upon our freedoms. An antidote to endless news cycles filled with tweet tantrums and misinformation campaigns, THE FIGHT inspires with the story of front-line warriors in the battle for the American soul. THE FIGHT currently holds an astounding 100% Fresh Rating on RottenTomatoes.com!
“This film is a lively and watchable account of the full-tilt battle being fought by the ACLU.” – Peter Bradshaw, The Guardian
Reservations can be emailed to email@example.com or left at the theater hotline (304-473-1818). ¾ Café will NOT be open.
1. Every patron will be checked with a touchless thermometer – anyone with a reading above 100.4 will not be admitted.
2. Every patron will need to wear a mask and sanitize their hands (a station will be located directly outside) before entering the theater. Patrons consuming drinks or popcorn may remove their masks, although they are expected to wear them otherwise.
3. Every patron will need to provide their name and contact info, should any contact tracing be required.
4. All seating will be assigned, and you’ll receive an actual ticket prior to taking your seat.
5. Groups no larger than 6 persons may sit together, and will be placed to maintain a 6 foot distance from the next individual or group. This seating restriction will result in as few as (9) individual patrons in the theater, or as many as 18 patrons, depending on each group size.
6. The use of credit or debit cards (in lieu of cash) will be the preferred payment method.
7. Popcorn and drinks will continue to be offered, however popcorn will be served in closed boxes.
8. All touch points will be thoroughly cleaned after every screening, and periodically during the film.
9. Every employee will have his/her temperature checked before every show, and will wear masks and gloves at all times.