Date(s) - Sunday, October 4, 2020
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Categories No Categories
LASCAUX-MICRO THEATER will be featuring: 2020 MANHATTAN SHORT Film Festival
Check out the trailer here: https://youtu.be/pcXHJqnFJrQ
This year, MANHATTAN SHORT received 971 entries from 54 countries and selected nine finalists. They hail from nine countries with films from Australia, Finland, France, Iran, Israel, North Macedonia, Russia, State of Palestine, and the USA. This year’s Final Nine selections use drama, comedy and animation to address a wide array of themes, ranging from identity to parenthood to the seemingly universal frustration caused by the Department of Motor Vehicles no matter the country. The directorial voices are both male and female from countries large and small, often inspired by personal and sometimes harrowing, experience. This year’s competition is a rare instance when entries from Iran, Israel, and the State of Palestine are featured in the same program.
As you may remember from past years, everyone gets to vote for their favorite film and actor. Votes will be sent to MANHATTAN SHORT’s headquarters, and the winner will be announced at ManhattanShort.com on Sunday, November 1.
This is the 15th year that we have brought the MSFF to Buckhannon, and LASCAUX continues to be the only place in West Virginia to host it! Please see our schedule below:
Reservations are strongly recommended, and can be emailed to email@example.com or left at the theater hotline (304-473-1818).
¾ Café will NOT be open.
1. Every patron will be checked with a touchless thermometer – anyone with a reading above 100.4 will not be admitted.
2. Every patron will need to wear a mask and sanitize their hands (a station will be located directly outside) before entering the theater. Patrons consuming drinks or popcorn may remove their masks, although they are expected to wear them otherwise.
3. Every patron will need to provide their name and contact info, should any contact tracing be required.
4. All seating will be assigned, and you’ll receive an actual ticket prior to taking your seat.
5. Groups no larger than 6 persons may sit together, and will be placed to maintain a 6 foot distance from the next individual or group. This seating restriction will result in as few as (9) individual patrons in the theater, or as many as 18 patrons, depending on each group size.
6. The use of credit or debit cards (in lieu of cash) will be the preferred payment method.
7. Popcorn and drinks will continue to be offered, however popcorn will be served in closed boxes.
8. All touch points will be thoroughly cleaned after every screening, and periodically during the film.
9. Every employee will have his/her temperature checked before every show, and will wear masks and gloves at all times.