Date(s) - Saturday, July 25, 2020
7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Categories No Categories
With the new rules of the game laid out (see below), we are thrilled to finally bring you: PORTRAIT OF A LADY ON FIRE 2020, France, 122 min, R (French and Italian, with English Subtitles)
France, 1760. Marianne is commissioned to paint the wedding portrait of Héloïse, a young woman who has just left the convent. Because she is a reluctant bride-to-be, Marianne arrives under the guise of companionship, observing Héloïse by day and secretly painting her by firelight at night. As the two women orbit one another, intimacy and attraction grow as they share Héloïse’s first moments of freedom. Héloïse’s portrait soon becomes a collaborative act of and testament to their love.
PORTRAIT OF A LADY ON FIRE currently holds a 98% Fresh Rating on RottenTomatoes.com
“A subtle and thrilling love story, at once unsentimental in its realistic assessment of women’s circumstances and almost utopian in its celebration of the freedom that is nonetheless available to them.” – A.O. Scott, New York Times
Reservations can be emailed to email@example.com or left at the theater hotline (304-473-1818). ¾ Café will NOT be open.
In the midst of this tumultuous pandemic, we are finally preparing to REOPEN LASCAUX MICRO-THEATER this Friday (July 10th). We believe that the risk of COVID-19 is real, and until an effective vaccine is developed and deployed, there is no means of guaranteeing immunity from the virus. Frankly stated, we may be in this bizarre quasi-open/closed condition for more than a year, and so we have decided to carefully move forward with reopening our venue, although we are taking thoughtful measures to be as safe as possible. Here is how LASCAUX will be different going forward:
1. Every patron will be checked with a touchless thermometer – anyone with a reading above 100.4 will not be admitted.
2. Every patron will need to wear a mask and sanitize their hands (a station will be located directly outside) before entering the theater; Patrons consuming drinks or popcorn may remove their masks, although they are expected to wear them otherwise;
3. A plexiglass shield will be installed at the ticket counter;
4. Every patron will need to provide their name and contact info, should any contact tracing be required;
5. All seating will be assigned, and you’ll receive an actual ticket prior to taking your seat;
6. Groups no larger than 6 persons may sit together, and will be placed to maintain a 6 foot distance from the next individual or group. This seating restriction will result in as few as (9) individual patrons in the theater, or as many as 18 patrons, depending on each group size;
7. Given the reduced amount of seating from our already-limited seating, reservations will almost be essential;
8. The use of credit or debit cards (in lieu of cash) will be the preferred payment method;
9. Popcorn and drinks will continue to be offered, however popcorn will be served in closed boxes;
10. All touch points will be thoroughly cleaned after every screening, and periodically during the film;
11. Every employee will have his/her temperature checked before every show, and will wear masks and gloves at all times;